Pacifica Montessori is a preschool and elementary school in Culver City, CA that was founded over 30 years ago. The school’s website was very dated and didn’t reflect how remarkable the school is and what differentiated it from other local schools. Although the preschool was consistently registered at capacity, elementary school enrollment was suffering. the overwhelming majority of Pacifica Montessori families raved about their kids’ preschool experience and satisfaction was very high among the students and parents that did stay there through elementary school. However, several public elementary schools in the area enjoy a good reputation and private school options abound, making it increasingly difficult for Pacifica Montessori to retain enrollment into the elementary years or attract new families for elementary school. Linda developed a multi-pronged approach to turn around the enrollment problem:
- Led the design and development of a new website to foster interest in the preschool and elementary school and compel parents to schedule a tour.
- Designed and deployed a market research survey for parents of students and conducted one-on-one interviews to generate learnings about what genuinely sets the school apart that matters prospective and current families
- Initiated the idea and managed event planning and promotion of an elementary school open house night
- Built relationships with other Montessori schools in the area that don’t offer elementary school, to create a continuous source of referrals
- Provided a bank of ideas to educate preschool families on the benefits of Montessori through the elementary years and foster even stronger communication and community to improve retention
- Elementary school enrollment has grown and is meeting the school’s objectives
- The tools, communication and relationships built are creating a pipeline of families for the elementary school program
- Visit the website.